This is the first time I've ever made a necklace from scratch so I had a bit of a learning curve. I had to look up videos on youtube for closing jump rings and making an eye pin. I have to admit I am pretty proud of my accomplishment.
I wanted to show you the supplies I used because I had a tough time finding them. The rings and beads are from Michaels. The rest of the jewelry supplies I had previously got at Joanns. The big rings came in a pack and the smaller ones were on a string. I left the eye pins out of this pic (oops).
I have to admit I had some problems with the rings at first. Every time I picked up the necklace it fell apart. I figured out the culprit were these rings that were in the pack.
The rings had an opening and they wouldn't stay shut. I ended up using two at the top of the strand of rings but I didn't use any as connectors because they didn't work. Despite the hiccups I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I made it nice and long but I can adjust it if I want to wear it shorter.
I made a matching pair or earrings too with the extra rings I had. I'll post those tomorrow. (Update: Here it is)