Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Mantel

While I decorated the tree Mike worked on the mantel. He started with a fake pine garland. It originally had lights attached but half of them were burnt out. He removed the lights and cut the garland to fit the mantel. Then he arranged some of our various Christmas ornaments and candles. He finished it off with some small gold pics. Then hung the stockings with some removable hooks.


Christmas Mantel



We filled these clear glass vases with small ornaments. Then added a few pics I got on super clearance from Walmart. The candles are another Walmart clearance special.

Christmas Mantel, ornaments in a vase

My dad made the red nutcracker when I was younger. I guess craftiness runs in the family :)

Christmas Mantel


I got this cute berry tree at a garage sale this summer for only $1.

Christmas Mantel


Having our tree and mantel all decorated really helps to put us in mood for Christmas. We're planning to host Christmas dinner with my family. There will be around 13 people coming so it's going to be another big group and we are looking forward to showing off our decorations.




4 comments:

  1. I love your mantel! I am jealous! Looking forward to decorating this year with all these exciting ideas out here on people's blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have mantel envy! You two did a lovely job, love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
    Melody
    chattychics.com
    Visit our $200 jewelry giveaway if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove all your beautiful decorations! I'm your newest follower...loving your blog! Please come visit mine at www.funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin