Thursday, October 6, 2011

Easy Ribbon Necklace

I saw this ribbon and pearls necklace on Pinterest from J Crew. I pinned it and thought it would be easy to make. Then Disney at Ruffles and Stuff did a tutorial on super simple necklaces. It was the same concept and it inspired me to try it myself.

Here is my version


easy ribbon necklace


I found this pearl necklace at a garage sale for 75 cents. I got with this project in mind.


First I took of this clasps with pliers. I saved the pieces in case I ever want to put it back together.

Then I cut 6 pieces of white and 6 pieces of black of this skinny ribbon.


I made a knot at the end of each side of the pearl necklace and knotted the other end to keep the strands together. Then I ran a flame from a lighter on each end to keep the ribbon from fraying.

Here is the finished product

easy ribbon necklace


The first one was so easy I started looking through my jewelery box for another necklace. I picked out this one. Every time I put it on I wish it was a little longer so I knew it would work.



I doubled it up and used one strand of this thicker ribbon.


I knotted the necklace on each side and placed the knot over the clasp to hide it. I also ran the lighter over the ends of the ribbon again.

Here is the finished product

easy ribbon necklace

I love how they are adjustable to make them longer or really long. This project was so easy I am still eyeing up my other necklaces to see if I want to transform another.


I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thanks for sharing :o)

    Cass
    http://casscansew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the combination of light and dark. :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty and they look so modern and fun and maybe a bit more casual now! Love it! I'm your newest follower!

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great way to upcycle and come up with a really cool new peice! Very cute : ) Visiting from T.J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, nice job with the necklaces. I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please drop by my blog and perhaps you could follow me also. I would like that. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin