Friday, October 28, 2011

Crochet Bearded Beanie

Mike found a picture of a bearded beanie on Facebook and asked if I could make him one. I did a search and found this pattern on Ravelry. I started to follow the pattern for the beanie but I ended up doing an alternation between double and single crochet because I didn't want to figure out the ribbing.

I made the beard with a strand of fun fur yarn and regular yarn to make it look fuzzy. The fun fur yarn was really hard to work with but it was worth it. It also hides any mistakes you may have made because it's so fuzzy.

I think this would be a little more practical if the beard was removable. That way the hat could also be worn by itself.


crochet bearded beanie

crochet bearded beanie


crochet bearded beanie


I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting. Wish I had those skills. One of my kids is gonna be Mr T and it would be cool to do that instead of the sewing I am gonna do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is too freakin awesome! I love it LOL! I would be delighted to have you stop by and link this up to my VIP party this weekend! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/10/vip-party-34.html Have a safe and happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! AWESOME!! I'm gonna do one for my dad and my brother.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I totally have to make one for my son! He's being Jack Sparrow for Halloween and I'm sure he would much prefer this to having his beard glued onto his face with spirit gum. I found you through Tatertots and Jello. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so creative. I love new projects like this. Stopping by from Get Your Craft on Tuesday. I hope you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!! LOL! My hubby wants to grow his beard out, I should just make him this instead! Good job!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...