I crocheted it with a G hook to make it smaller. I should have removed a couple of rows from the bottom because it was a tad bit too big. Not to worry though because he will grow into it.
I also made up the ears and mouth myself since I thought the ones from the pattern were too small. I basically added more rows to both of the ones in the pattern.
I used black buttons for the eyes to give it a more authentic look. I have no idea what kind of yarn I used since it was a hand me down from my friend that was cleaning out her stash.
This was a big hit at the birthday party since my friend had been browsing etsy in search of a sock monkey hat and she was glad she didn't buy one :)
I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.